We know you want to get back home as quickly as possible. At Shawnee, you’ll enjoy a private room in which to rest and recover. Our rehabilitation team is here to help you with the most up-to-date programs and technology. Services include:
- Physical therapy – to restore your physical functioning and reduce related pain.
- Occupational therapy – so you can resume your activities of daily living, like eating, dressing, and bathing.
- Speech therapy – treating challenges with speech or swallowing that may be caused by stroke, dementia, or other factors.
Our rehabilitation staff includes physicians experienced in geriatrics; registered nurses, licensed practical nurses and certified nursing assistants; physical, occupational and speech therapists; dietary and nutrition specialists; and discharge planners and social workers.
Based on your current abilities and your physician’s orders, our staff will create a customized rehabilitation program that may include:
- Electrical stimulation
- Restorative nursing
- Thermal modalities – moist heat
- Ultrasound therapy
- Physician-directed rehab program
- Aphasia/dysphagia/cognition management
- CHF management
- Fall risk management
- Hip and knee surgery recovery
- Management of urinary incontinence
- Medically complex patients
- Stroke recovery